Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
From Latin reciprocus.
Audio (US) (file)
reciprocal (not comparable)
- Of a feeling, action or such: mutual, uniformly felt or done by each party towards the other or others; two-way.
- Something that is contrary or opposite.
done by each of two people towards the other
in the contrary or opposite way
reciprocal (plural reciprocals)
- (arithmetic) Of a number, the number obtained by dividing 1 by the given number; the result of exchanging the numerator and the denominator of a fraction.
- 0.5 is the reciprocal of 2.
- (in arithmetic): multiplicative inverse