Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also Crusade
Alternative forms 
(medieval history): Crusade
- Rhymes: -eɪd
crusade (plural crusades)
- Any of the military expeditions undertaken by the Christians of Europe in the 11th to 13th centuries to reconquer the Levant from the Muslims.
- (figuratively) A grand concerted effort toward some purportedly worthy cause.
- a crusade against drug abuse
- (archaic) A Portuguese coin; a crusado.
Derived terms 
Related terms 
grand concerted effort
See also 
- To make a grand concerted effort toward some purportedly worthy cause.
- He crusaded against similar injustices for the rest of his life.
to make a grand concerted effort