Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Alternative forms 
cuneiform (not comparable)
- Having the form of a wedge; wedge-shaped.
- a cuneiform bone
- Written in the cuneiform writing system.
- cuneiform script
- Relating to, or versed in, the ancient cuneiform writing system or its inscriptions.
- A cuneiform scholar.
shaped like a wedge — see wedgelike
cuneiform (plural cuneiforms)
- An ancient Mesopotamian writing system, adapted within several language families, originating as pictograms in Sumer around the 30th century BC, evolving into more abstract and characteristic wedge shapes formed by a blunt reed stylus on clay tablets.
- (anatomy) A wedge-shaped bone, especially a cuneiform bone.
Derived terms 
ancient writing system