Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
cutback (plural cutbacks)
- A reduction in an existing program of some sort.
- (surfing) Maneuver where the surfer turns and surfs back towards where the wave is breaking.
- (roofing) Solvent-thinned bitumen used in cold process roofing adhesives, cements and coatings.
- (soccer) An offensive pass played into a position further from the attacking goal line.
2011 January 29, Ian Hughes, “Southampton 1 - 2 Man Utd”, BBC:
- Lee Barnard swung at Chaplow's cutback and missed completely and then was just too far away to connect with Harding's flashing ball across the face of goal.