Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also déclamation
declamation (plural declamations)
- The act or art of declaiming; rhetorical delivery; haranguing; loud speaking in public; especially, the public recitation of speeches as an exercise in schools and colleges; as, the practice declamation by students.
- A set or harangue; declamatory discourse.
- Pretentious rhetorical display, with more sound than sense; as, mere declamation.
- declamation in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- declamation in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- declamation at OneLook Dictionary Search