Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Confined to a predetermined fate or destiny; certain.
- He is sure he is destined for fame.
- 2011 September 18, Ben Dirs, “Rugby World Cup 2011: England 41-10 Georgia”, BBC Sport:
- When Hape sauntered over for a try after only three minutes it looked as if England were destined for a comfortable victory, but Georgia are made of sterner stuff, as they showed when running Scotland close in Invercargill last week.
- simple past tense and past participle of destine