Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (abbreviation, noun, grammar): dim.
- Very small.
2011 October 20, Jamie Lillywhite, “Tottenham 1 - 0 Rubin Kazan”, BBC Sport:
- Roman Sharonov rose unchallenged to head a corner wide, while diminutive winger Gokdeniz Karadeniz ghosted in with a diving header from the edge of the six-yard box that was acrobatically kept out by Gomes.
- Serving to diminish.
- diminutive of liberty
- (grammar) Of or pertaining to, or creating a word form expressing smallness, youth, unimportance, or endearment.
serving to diminish
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
diminutive (plural diminutives)
- (grammar) A word form expressing smallness, youth, unimportance, or endearment.
- Booklet, the diminutive of book, means ‘small book’.
grammar: word form expressing smallness
- definite of
- plural form of
- feminine form of
- feminine plural of