Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Canada) IPA(key): /dəsˈk͉ʌv(ə)ˌɹi/
Audio (CA) (file)
- (UK) IPA(key): /dɪsˈkʌv(ə)ɹi/, /dɪsˈkʊvɹi/
- (US) IPA(key): /dɪsˈkʌv.əˌɹi/
Audio (US) (file)
- Something discovered.
- This latest discovery should eventually lead to much better treatments for disease.
- (uncountable) The discovering of new things.
- The purpose of the voyage was discovery.
- automatic discovery of RSS feeds by a Web browser
- (law, uncountable) A pre-trial phase in which evidence is gathered.
- The prosecution moved to suppress certain items turned up during discovery.
- (law, uncountable) Materials revealed to the opposing party during the pre-trial phase in which evidence is gathered.
- The defense argued that the plaintiff's discovery was inadequate.
the discovering of new things
legal: pre-trial phase in which evidence is gathered
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked