Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
From Old English dravelen, drabelen, drevelen, drivelen, to slaver.
- senseless talk; nonsense
- saliva, drool
- (obsolete) A fool; an idiot.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Sir Philip Sidney to this entry?)
- (obsolete) A servant; a drudge.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Huloet to this entry?)
to have saliva drip from the mouth
to talk nonsense
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.