Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
e-quaintance (plural e-quaintances)
- (Internet) a person known exclusively online, usually from instant messaging such as AIM, or through internet dating personals.
- (Internet) the state of knowing exclusively online
- I've never had an e-quaintance die on me before."— 
- Myself and a few other e-quaintances are still experiencing the prob although, in my case, I have successfully uploaded pics since about a fortnight ago when Support changed something at their end. — 
- Searching for info on that carb system was my ticket to learn how to surf the net. You all have that car to blame for the misfortune of making my e-quaintance. —