Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive, law) To become legally committed to.
- One must be of legal age to enter into a contract.
- (transitive) To engage in a formal or informal process.
- The country entered into peace talks with the militants.
- (transitive) To be relevant; to be a contributing factor.
- He did the crime and will go to jail - the fact that he did not know it was illegal does not enter into it.
to engage in a formal or informal process
to be relevant; to be a contributing factor