Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (UK) IPA: /fəˈsiː.ʃəs/, X-SAMPA: /f@"si:.S@s/
- Rhymes: -iːʃəs
- Hyphenation: fa‧ce‧tious
Audio (AU) (file)
- Treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant.
- Robbie's joke about Heather's picture was just him being facetious.
- Pleasantly humorous, jocular.
- See also Wikisaurus:witty
pleasantly humorous, jocular
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.