Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- present participle of
- They are feasting on turkey and venison.
feasting (plural feastings)
- A feast, or an occasion on which people or animals feast
1846, Leigh Hunt, Stories from the Italian Poets= With Lives of the Writers, Vol. 2:
- The lover at last fell ill; he fairly wasted away; and was so unhappy, that he gave up all his feastings and entertainments.
1904, Jack London, :
- There was hooch galore, and meat and feastings, and they took kindly to the new order.
1911, Joseph A. Altsheler, :
- Despite many feastings, the wolves were hungry again.