Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ælɪti
- (uncountable) The state of being formal.
- Something said or done as a matter of form.
- A customary ritual without new or unique meaning.
- A specific requirement for obtaining a legal status, conducting a transaction, etc.
The state of being formal
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked