Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Homophone: formerly (some non rhotic accents)
- In a formal manner.
- He dressed quite formally - too formally for the occasion.
- In accordance with official procedure.
- He formally filed a complaint, which involved much paperwork.
- In accordance with rigorous rules.
- He proved it formally but gave his students no intuitive feel for the matter.
in a formal manner
in accordance with official procedure
in accordance with rigorous rules
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked