Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Coined between 1300 and 1350 Middle English fornicacioun from Late Latin fornicātiōn- (s. of fornicātiō).
fornication (plural fornications)
- sexual intercourse, especially on the part of an unmarried person.
- (law) The act of such illicit sexual intercourse between a man and a woman which does not by law amount to adultery.
- 1604 I am the sister of one Claudio, Condemn'd upon the act of fornication To lose his head; condemn'd by Angelo — Shakespeare, Measure for Measure, Act 5, Scene 1
- 1611 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. — Galatians 5:19-21 KJV
- See also Wikisaurus:sexual intercourse
sexual intercourse, especially on the part of an unmarried person
The act of such illicit sexual intercourse between a man and a woman which does not by law amount to adultery