Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ʌst
- Simple past tense and past participle of fuss.
- (UK, usually in the negative) bothered.
- He's just not that fussed about going to the party.
- 1923, Harry Leon Wilson, Oh, Doctor!, page 375:
- It's all right, I tell you. Can't you see I'm not fussed, not at all fussed?
- 2006, Elisabeth Wilson, Goddess, page 331:
- An added bonus is that this system protects you against impulse purchases of stuff you're not really fussed about as you have to focus your mind on what you'll chuck out when you get home.
- 2010, Norman Grubb, The Meaning of Life, page 95:
- You know when the person comes to me all fussed up about their husbands or vice versa, I say, "I'm not fussed about them. I'm fussed about you."
- 2010, Howard M. Fillit, Kenneth Rockwood, Kenneth Woodhouse, Brocklehurst's Textbook of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology:
- This may be a useful lesson beyond the realms of longevity in a world more fussed about efficiency than effectiveness.