Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Popularly or widely.
- It is generally known that the Earth is round.
- As a rule; usually.
- I generally have a walk in the afternoon.
- Without reference to specific details.
- Generally speaking...
- (obsolete) collectively; as a whole; without omissions
- I counsel that all Israel be generally gathered unto thee. — 2 Sam. xvii.
popularly or widely
as a rule; usually
without reference to specific details
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked