Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ɑː(r)l
gnarl (plural gnarls)
- A knot in wood; a large or hard knot, or a protuberance with twisted grain, on a tree.
- Something resembling a knot in wood, such as in stone or limbs.
- (mathematics) The average value of the magnitude squared of the curl of a vector field over a continuous path that is tangent to the vector field at every point. In mathematical notation, gnarl is represented by the lowercase Greek letter ξ.
knot in wood
math: average of the square of curl
- (intransitive) To snarl or growl; to gnar.
- And wolves are gnarling who shall gnaw thee first.