Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- An inspection, examination, review, or investigation.
- Make sure to give the refurbished products a real going over before they are sold.
- After the bankruptcy, our accounts were given a thorough going over.
- An overhaul.
- A severe, thorough scolding.
- A sound thrashing, beating.
- When the mob men finally found him, they gave him a good going over that left him clinging to life.
- Present participle of go over.
- (to examine) The client is going over the new proposal as we speak.
- (to create an impression) The new policies aren't going over well with the staff.