Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Heck
- See under hell.
See hatch (“a half door”).
heck (plural hecks)
- The bolt or latch of a door.
- A rack for cattle to feed at.
- A door, especially one partly of latticework.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Halliwell to this entry?)
- A latticework contrivance for catching fish.
- (weaving) An apparatus for separating the threads of warps into sets, as they are wound upon the reel from the bobbins, in a warping machine.
- A bend or winding of a stream.