Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (slang) Rambunctious, loud, crazy, dangerous, irrational, and outrageous in behavior.
- She was so hyphy outside the club Saturday night, she nearly punched a cop!
- (slang) Of or relating to the hyphy subgenre of rap music
- Keak da Sneaks got that hyphy style out da hiz-ou!
- 2004 - Rick Ayers - Berkeley High School Slang Dictionary - Berkeley High School (Berkeley, Calif.) - Page 38
- Heify also hyphy (HI fee) adj., Angry, agitated. When somebody lets their adrenaline pump them up too much, they go off or get loud and crazy, uncontrollable, ...
- 2006 - Andrea Schulte-Peevers - California - Travel - Page 46
- Oakland is the place to look for 'hyphy' (hyperactive) New Bay hip-hop, while SoCal is still riding the 'crunk' (crazy-drunk) drum and bass beats with ...