Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (uncountable) The act of implicating.
- (uncountable) The state of being implicated.
- (countable) An implying, or that which is implied, but not expressed; an inference, or something which may fairly be understood, though not expressed in words.
- (logic) (countable) The connective in propositional calculus that, when joining two predicates A and B in that order, has the meaning "if A is true, then B is true".
that which is implied, but not expressed
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- implication in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- implication in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
implication f (plural implications)