Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: in kind
- (payment or gift) consisting of goods or commodities (as opposed to cash)
- I made an in-kind donation to the charity after cleaning out old clothing from my closet.
- As a self-funded museum, we only receive in-kind support from the government, which provides us with some documents and articles of historic significance.
- Free guarana soda from 2pm on is just one of the many in-kind benefits for employees here.
- In the US "in-kind" before a noun is much more common than in kind after.
consisting of goods or commodities