Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive) To breathe or blow into or on.
- (transitive, medicine) To treat by blowing a gas, vapor, or powder into a body cavity.
- (transitive, medicine) To inhale (a powder etc.).
- 2001: Cocaine is usually taken by insufflating the white powdered cocaine sulphate into the nose, which leads to rapid absorption of the drug into the bloodstream. — Leslie Iversen, Drugs: A Very Short Introduction (Oxford 2001, p. 98)
- (transitive, ecclesiastical) To exhale upon baptismal water, or the one being baptised, as a ritual act.
- (to inhale): snort
- second-person plural present indicative of insufflare
- second-person plural imperative of insufflare
- feminine past participle of insufflare
- second-person plural present active imperative of insufflō