Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Closely acquainted; familiar.
- He and his sister deeply valued their intimate relationship as they didn't have much else to live for.
- Of or involved in a sexual relationship.
- She enjoyed some intimate time alone with her husband.
- Personal, private.
- an intimate friend
- an intimate setting
closely acquainted; familiar
of or involved in a sexual relationship
intimate (plural intimates)
- A very close friend.
- Only a couple of intimates had ever read his writing.
- (in plural intimates) Women's underwear, sleepwear, or lingerie, especially offered for sale in a store.
- You'll find bras and panties in the women's intimates section upstairs.
intimates: women's underwear, sleepwear or lingerie
- (transitive) To suggest or disclose discreetly.
- He intimated that we should leave before the argument escalated.
To suggest or disclose discreetly
Related terms 
- intimate in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- intimate in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- present adverbial passive participle of intimi
- second-person plural present indicative of intimare
- second-person plural imperative of intimare
- Feminine plural of intimato
- second-person plural present active imperative of intimō