Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
intransigence (plural intransigences)
- Unwillingness to change one's views or to agree.
- The intransigence of both sides frustrated the negotiators.
- 2013, Simon Jenkins, Gibraltar and the Falklands deny the logic of history (in The Guardian, 14 August 2013)
- The curse has been Spanish ineptitude feeding Gibraltarian intransigence. Border hold-ups are counterproductive to winning hearts and minds, as were blundering Argentinian landings on the outer Falklands.
- The state of being intransigent.