- Serving to excite or irritate.
- an irritative agent
- Accompanied with, or produced by, increased action or irritation.
- an irritative fever
- (Can we find and add a quotation of E. Darwin to this entry?)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
- feminine form of irritatif
- Feminine plural form of irritativo