Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- IPA: /ˈɪtəreɪt/, /ˈaɪtəreɪt/
- (computing, mathematics) to perform or repeat an action on each item in a set or on the results of each such prior action
- The max() function iterates through the data to find the highest value.
- (archaic) To utter or do a second time or many times; to repeat.
- to iterate advice
- Nor Eve to iterate / Her former trespass feared.
iterate (plural iterates)
- (mathematics) a function that iterates
- f2(x0) is the second iterate of x0 under f.
Derived terms 
iterate (not comparable)
- (obsolete) Said or done again; repeated.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Bishop Gardiner to this entry?)
- iterate in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- iterate in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- iterate at OneLook Dictionary Search
- second-person plural present indicative of iterare
- second-person plural imperative of iterare
- feminine plural of iterato
- second-person plural present active imperative of iterō