Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
iteration (plural iterations)
- Recital or performance a second time; repetition.
- (computing) the use of repetition in a computer program, especially in the form of a loop
- (computing) a single repetition of the code within such a repetitive process
- The code calculates the appropriate value at each iteration.
- A variation of a design.
- The architect drafted several iterations of the floorplan before deciding on his final design.
repetition in a computer program