Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
jawn (plural jawns)
- (slang, chiefly Philadelphia) Something; any object, place or thing.
- Check out this jawn.
- 2001, Steve Jackson, "Takin it back B/W BEEF", rec.music.hip-hop :
- "Then I started thinking of the Scenario remix and was like yo, that jawn was just as good."
- 2007 September 23, Jessica Pressler, "The Bar Car is Rocking" in New York Times :
- "Just back from a tour in Australia, he was sitting at a table in the dining car with a group of friends that included members of the hip-hop groups Spank Rock and Plastic Little. 'This,' he said, 'is the jawn.'"
- (slang) A woman.
- Yo, you see that jawn, she bad as shit.
- 1999 July 16, “da One and Only Jazzman”, “Re: RapCity: UnderHouston”, rec.music.hip-hop, Usenet,
- MY boi in NY, when he first came to Philly, used to tell me the philly jawns were easy.
- 2005, Krystle J. Nutter, Turned Out, iUniverse, ISBN 0-595-36207-9, page 1,
- I had a few chicks that I messed around with but this one main jawn stuck out in particular.
- 2006, G. D. McCrary, Guerrillas in the Midst, Papyrus & Pen Publishing, ISBN 0977068714, page 39,
- “Who? The jawn sittin’ in the truck wit’ choo? I think I know her.”
- 2009, Asher Roth, I Love College,
- “When it comes to condoms, put two on, and tomorrow night, find a new jawn.”