Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Overly patriotic or nationalistic.
- My editorial angered both the jingoistic war hawks and the anti-war protesters.
- 1915, Joseph McCabe, The War and the Churches,
- The truth is that all classes—Christian and non-Christian—have yielded fatally to the pernicious interpretation which interested politicians, soldiers, manufacturers, and Jingoistic writers have put on the real economic needs of the country.
- 1921, , H. L. Mencken, The American Language: An inquiry into the development of English in the United States, 2nd Edition,
- All this jingoistic bombast, however, was directed toward defending, not so much the national vernacular as the national belles lettres.
- 1980, Robert A. Freitas, Jr., William P. Gilbreath (editors), Advanced Automation for Space Missions, final report of the 1980 NASA/ASEE Summer Study,
- If we continue to be limited to our exceedingly fragile existence on spaceship Earth, a natural disaster or our own jingoistic or ecological foolhardiness is almost certain to terminate our existence perhaps centuries or millennia from today.
overly patriotic or nationalistic