Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Present participle of launch.
launching (plural launchings)
- The act by which something is launched; a launch.
- The launching of the Titanic.
- 2010, Raymond Friedman, A History of Jet Propulsion, Including Rockets (page 123)
- By 1940 they had conducted 25 successful launchings of A5 rockets, which reached 10 miles altitude and had a range of 12 miles.
act by which something is launched
- Launch suggests an event at a point in time. Launching suggests a process over time.