main battle tank
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- The primary tank of a country or armed forces.
- (military) A tank with a good balance of firepower, cross-country mobility, and armoured protection, and therefore capable of carrying out the roles of breakthrough, exploitation and infantry support.
- light tank (WWII)
- medium tank (WWII)
- heavy tank (WWII)
- tank destroyer (WWII)
- half-track (WWII)
- infantry tank (WWI)
- cavalry tank (WWI)
- scout tank (WWI)
- infantry fighting vehicle (IFV)
- armored personnel carrier (APC)
- armored car
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- For usage examples of this term, see the citations page.