Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
martiality (plural martialities)
- suitability for war, likelihood of success in war, tendancy to wage war
- The Romans' martiality was much greater than that of its contemporaries.
- 2007 — Vincent Quinn Textual Practice 113: Luxurious Sexualities
- Hume argued that the new modes of behaviour which developed in a commercial society actually improved the nation's martiality.
- 2002 — Kenneth Muir Shakespeare Survey
- Antony and Cleopatra heralds the decline of Roman honour and the shift from martiality to eros,