Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
- (obsolete) The quality of being a neighbor, living nearby, next to each-other
- Our neighborhood was our only reason to exchange hollow greetings
- A nearby area.
- The inhabitants of a residential area.
- The fire alarmed the neighborhood.
- A division of a municipality or region, formally or informally divided
- We have just moved to a pleasant neighborhood
- An approximate amount.
- He must be making in the neighborhood of $200,000 per year.
- (uncountable) The quality of physical proximity.
- The slums and the palace were in awful neighborhood.
- (obsolete) The disposition becoming a neighbor; neighborly kindness or good will.
- (topology) The neighborhood of a point x is... (depending on the author):
quality of being a neighbor
inhabitants of a residential area
division of a municipality or region
quality of physical proximity
neighborly kindness or good will
topology: neighborhood of a point x
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.