Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (archaic) Obedient, compliant with someone else's orders or wishes.
- Excessively eager to please or to obey all instructions; fawning, subservient.
- (obsolete) Of or pertaining to obsequies, funereal.
- In modern usage, not to be confused with obsequies as the “funereal” sense has become obsolete.
- (fawning or subservient): fawning, ingratiating, servile, slavish, sycophantic, truckling, people pleaser, kiss-ass
obedient, compliant with someone else's orders