Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Alternative forms 
- obœdient (archaic, rare)
Audio (US) (file)
- Willing to comply with the commands, orders, or instructions of those in authority.
- Jessica was so intensely obedient of her parents that her brother sometimes thought she was a robot.
Related terms 
willing to comply with the commands
- obedient in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- obedient in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
obedient m, f (masculine and feminine plural obedients)
- third-person plural future active indicative of obediō
Old French