Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Alternative forms 
- obœdience (archaic, rare)
- The quality of being obedient.
- Obedience is essential in any army.
Related terms 
quality of being obedient
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- obedience in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- obedience in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
Old French