Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also Rebellion
- IPA: /rɪˈbɛliən/
rebellion (plural rebellions)
- (uncountable) Armed resistance to an established government or ruler.
- The government is doing its best to stop rebellion in the country.
- (countable) Defiance of authority or control; the act of rebeling.
- Having a tattoo was Mathilda's personal rebellion against her parents.
- (countable) An organized, forceful subversion of the law of the land in an attempt to replace it with another form of government.
- The army general led a successful rebellion and became president of the country.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.