Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (chiefly UK) An alumnus, especially of a public school.
- (UK) Affectionate term of address for a man.
- Listen, old boy, I've got some news.
- A former member of a group
2011 September 24, Aled Williams, “Chelsea 4 - 1 Swansea”, BBC Sport:
- Swansea named an unchanged side from their win over West Brom, and the visitors made an encouraging start, with Blues old boy Scott Sinclair prominent - Branislav Ivanovic had to make an important block to halt the winger's run.
alumnus — see alumnus