- (obsolete) To choose; to wish for; to desire.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Cotgrave to this entry?)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
- second-person plural present indicative of optare
- second-person plural imperative of optare
- feminine plural of optato
- vocative masculine singular of optātus