Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
pachyderm (plural pachyderms)
- Someone (or something) with thick skin. It is used for animals such as an elephant or a hippopotamus.
- (zoology) A member of the obsolete taxonomic order Pachydermata, grouping of thick-skinned, hoofed animals such as the rhinoceros, hippopotamus, elephant, pig and horse.
- (informal) An elephant
- (idiomatic) A person that is not affected by (does not care about) what others say about him or her.
- (idiomatic) Someone who is insensitive.
member of the group Pachydermata
- Greek: παχύδερμο n (pachýdermo) (3,4)