Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Discord; simmering conflict; a state often preluding war.
- ^ The conditions of peacelessness lead to aggression, internalised and open; aggression to violence, violence to bloodshed, to the destruction of life, civilization and values; and all these to mini wars.
- ^ Wars, as viewed by those who suffer from peacelessness thus, do not always disturb peace but quite often are mere symptoms of acute peacelessness and sometimes a relief.
- ^ We now understand that peacelessness comes not only out of the barrel of a gun.
- ^ […] increasing linkages between city economies and the global economy sometimes produce economic and social changes that have induced conflict and poverty, thereby producing peacelessness.