Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
From the cheese's resemblance to glossy plastic.
- Any soft cheese that can be moulded
- (informal) Any processed cheese of an inferior quality, often sliced and wrapped in plastic film
- 2005 Maestro Martino - The Art of Cooking
- A buffalo-milk cheese similar to mozzarella (ie. a plastic cheese) but harder.
- 2001 W. L. Swarts - Within These Walls
- After five minutes of eating my cold hamburger with plastic cheese, I decided I was sick of being ignored.