Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
projectile (plural projectiles)
- an object intended to be or having been fired from a weapon.
- (physics) any object propelled through space by the application of a force.
object intended to be or having been fired from a weapon
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
projectile (not comparable)
- Projecting or impelling forward.
- a projectile force; a projectile weapon
- Caused or imparted by impulse or projection; impelled forward.
- projectile motion
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Arbuthnot to this entry?)