Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
promissory (not comparable)
- Containing or consisting of a promise.
- (law, of a contractual provision) Stipulating the future actions required of the parties to an insurance policy or other business agreement.
- “promissory” in An American Dictionary of the English Language, by Noah Webster, 1828.
- promissory in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- “promissory” in Dictionary.com Unabridged, v1.0.1, Lexico Publishing Group, 2006.
- "promissory" in Encarta® World English Dictionary [North American Edition] © & (P)2007 Microsoft Corporation.
- Oxford English Dictionary, 2nd ed., 1989.