Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- to add punctuation to
- That occurrence of "its" needs to be punctuated.
- to add or to interrupt at regular intervals
- The pristine lawn was punctuated only by the single apple tree in the centre.
- to emphasize, to stress
add punctuation to
add or interrupt at regular intervals
emphasize, stress — see emphasize
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- punctuate in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- punctuate in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911