Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Divination by fire; the use of fire to supernaturally gain information.
- The magical power of conjuring or controlling fire.
- (conjuring or controlling fire): pyrokinesis
- alomancy, divination by salt, one type of which involves casting salt into a fire
- botanomancy, divination by burning plants
- capnomancy, divination by smoke; light, thin smoke that rose straight up was a good omen; otherwise, a bad one.
- causinomancy, divination by burning (non-specific as to the object burned)
- daphnomancy (also, empyromancy), divination by burning laurel leaves
- osteomancy, divination using bones, one type of which involves heating to produce cracks
- plastromancy, divination using turtle plastrons; in China, this was done by heating pits carved into them.
- scapulimancy, divination by scapulae; in Asia and North America, this was done pyromantically.
- sideromancy, divination by burning straw.