Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
refugee (plural refugees)
- A person seeking refuge in a foreign country out of fear of political persecution or the prospect of such persecution in his home country, i.e., a person seeking a political asylum.
- A person seeking refuge in a foreign country due to poverty and no prospect of overcoming said poverty in his home country, i.e., a person seeking an economic asylum.
- A person seeking refuge due to a natural disaster.
- A person formally granted a political or economic asylum by a country other than his home country.
person seeking political asylum
person seeking economic asylum
person seeking refuge from natural disaster
person granted formal asylum
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked